What is a CrossFit class (wod) like?
A typical workout of the day (wod) is never typical. Our workouts are different every day. There is a lot of variety in both the movements and the type of workout each day. Some days include strength training and some are cardio driven. Workouts can be for time, for total number of reps or done within a specific time frame. Here’s how the workout broken down:
- Group review of the wod – the coach will go over the workout and answer questions
- Group Warm-up – dynamic warm-up focused on the muscle groups you’ll use for the workout
- Strength/Skill – a combo of strength training and drills that will enhance the skill
- Wod – daily workout that varies day-to-day, includes strength and cardio
- Stretching and cool down – cooling down and a great time to increase flexibility and stretch
Each of the elements above serve a purpose in reducing the risk of injury, increasing strength and improving skills and flexibility. You body needs all of these to get the most out of your workout for your fitness and health.