Apple streusel muffins? Tell me more! In the mood for a paleo-friendly treat? These pumpkin apple streusel muffins made with apple cider caramel should hit the spot. I can’t tell you they are the healthiest treat I’ve ever eaten, but it’s important to reward yourself occasionally too!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup maple or coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice
- pinch of salt
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
For the streusel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and powder, apple pie spice, salt and apple.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the mixture into 10 muffin tins.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the streusel. Add about ½-1 teaspoon of the streusel on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 30 minutes. While muffins are baking, make apple cider caramel.
- Let cool slightly before removing from silicone liner. Top each muffin with caramel.
Recipe credit: Juli at PaleOMG